The Japan Society is seeking an energetic and motivated Administrative Officer to lead the organization to the next level. This position implements administrative procedures, establish work priorities and coordinate the acquisition of administrative services. The organization is ready to grow its Membership and activity scope to promote the Canada Japan relations in both Canada and Japan.
About the Japan Society
The Japan Society is a national organization of corporations, professional firms, organizations, societies, associations, academic institutions, government departments and individuals which is focused on:
- Enabling Canadian and Japanese business executives, professionals, academic leaders and government representatives to meet on a regular basis to discuss matters of mutual and collective interest;
- Furthering strong and viable economic relations between Canada and Japan;
- Enabling Members to acquire greater cultural understanding and the ability to establish longlasting relationships; and
- Supporting business, educational and cultural exchanges. The members of the Society believe that as Canada and Japan become more interdependent and their relationship becomes more complex, The Japan Society will assume an increasingly important role in achieving an enhanced level of relationship building and mutual understanding.
The Administrative Officer is accountable for the following:
- Oversee and coordinate office administrative procedures and review, evaluate and implement new procedures
- Establish work priorities and ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed Coordinate and plan for office services
- Assist in preparation of operating budget and budgetary controls
- Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence
- Plan and conduct occasional missions to Japan with senior officials and business leaders
- Initiate and implement membership and sponsor recruitment and retention strategies
Skills Requirements and Qualifications
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- A university degree or college diploma is an asset.
- Experience in a senior clerical or executive secretarial position related to office administration is required.
- Project management experience and operating a similar organization or relevant to the position is an asset.
- Language Proficiency: Fluency in English and/or French and Japanese, both written and spoken. (Necessary to communicate with Japanese senior executives and other Japanese business organizations.)
- Strong Interpersonal Skill and diplomatic business approach in dealing with Ambassadors, Ministers, Deputy Ministers etc. from Canada and Japan and a customer service oriented attitude.
- Experience in international business and trade, and/or in promotion and marketing.
- Experience in organizing events.
- Experience in dealing with the public and managing relations with a diverse client base.
- Experience in managing digital contents such as Social
- Network Services and website with other advanced computer skills.
- Knowledge of international business and investment between Canada and Japan.
- Knowledge of Canada and Japan (economy, industry sectors, political and cultural characteristics)
- Knowledge of business procedures, practices, and customs of Canada and Japan.
- Ability to understand and respond effectively to client needs.
- Ability to draft remarks in English and Japanese and prepare presentations to business groups.
- Ability to manage time in order to work effectively on multiple and simultaneous projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively with external and internal clients and with the Board.
- Ability to manage both paid and volunteer staff.
- Ability to research and analyze intelligence for clients.
Salary is $23.10 per hour and $36,036 per year. (Overtime rate of $28.88 starts after 40 hours of work per week.)
Hours are normal business hours but with many requirements for evening or weekend participation in events.
No relocation allowance is provided upon hiring.
Location of Work : Toronto City
Contact Information: Ben Ciprietti, President *(Mailing Address: 157 Adelaide Street West, Suite 604 Toronto, ON M5H 4E7 CANADA)
Required language: Japanese
Please send your resume to email@example.com