This event is organized by Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) and Global Affairs Canada (Trade Commissioner Service).
Japan-Canada 90th anniversary of diplomatic relations
JETRO and Global Affairs Canada’s TCS are pleased to host a Forum to commemorate the 90th anniversary of diplomatic relations between Japan and Canada and to mark a renewal of their cooperation on mutual direct investment promotion with the signing of an MoC. As well as senior officials from JETRO and the TCS, we are honoured to welcome his Excellency, Kimihiro Ishikane, Japan's Ambassador to Canada.
The main theme of the event is Innovation and how Canada and Japan can work together to advance innovation to the benefit of both Canadian and Japanese companies. We will hear from NTT Data, the C$20 billion IT service division of NTT, Japan's largest telecom firm. NTT Data has partnered with MaRS to run an Open Innovation Contest, where winners can pitch at a global event in Tokyo and can find opportunities to enter the Japanese market through the assistance of NTT Data and their customers.
We will also hear from a panel of 4 Canadian companies that have established operations in Japan and have had success in bringing their innovative technology to the Japanese market: iNAGO, in Japan for two decades having partnered with many major Japanese firms; Moment Factory and Mnubo, more recently established in Japan; and autonomous_ID, winner of a Tokyo Govt. global Fintech accelerator competition.
In addition, a Kanagawa Prefecture representative will explain about opportunities in their region and JR-East (East Japan Railway Company) will introduce a new smart city project planned for Shinagawa Station, one of the major Tokyo rail and Bullet Train hubs.
Thursday, May 10th, 2018
2:00 to 6:00 pm (including networking reception)
Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel (at Rogers Centre)
One Blue Jays Way, Toronto, ON M5V 1J4 MAP
- Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
- Global Affairs Canada (Trade Commissioner Service)
- Embassy of Japan in Canada
- Consulate-General of Japan in Toronto
- Ontario Government
- Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada
- Toronto Global
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- World Trade Centre Toronto | Toronto Region Board of Trade
- Japan Society
- Japan-Canada Chambers Council
1:30 – 2:00 pm:
Registration / Networking
2:00 – 5:00 pm:
Featured Speakers / Topics
- Kotaro Zamma, Head of Open Innovation and Business Incubation at NTT DATA
- His Excellency, Kimihiro Ishikane, Japanese Ambassador to Canada
- Shigeki Maeda, Executive Vice President of JETRO (Tokyo)
- Senior Representative of the Government of Canada (Speaker TBC)
- JETRO-Global Affairs Canada Memorandum of Cooperation Renewal
- Canadian Company Panel Presentations (Companies TBC)
- iNAGO (www.inago.com)
- Autonomous_ID (www.autonomousid.com)
- Mnubo (www.mnubo.com)
- Moment Factory (www.momentfactory.com)
- Kanagawa Prefecture
- Shinagawa Redevelopment Project by JR-East (East Japan Railway Company)
- Introduction of JETRO Services
5:00 - 6:00 pm:
This event is free but pre-registration by April 26 is required.
If you have any other questions, please contact JETRO Toronto:
T: 416-861-0000 x206; E: email@example.com